We had our 12 week appointment today and we got to hear the heartbeat! It was such a huge relief, because they tried to hear it with the doppler at 9 weeks and no luck. The doctor reassured me that was perfectly normal, but at the time I was still dissapointed and wanted very badly to have some kind of auditory or visual confirmation (besides my growing belly/face/arse and the vomit) that el bambino was doing good.
So today the nurse put the doppler back on and after a minute of exploration, she said she found it. It took me a minute to realize that the quick little drum sound was it, and then I couldn't stop grinning. (I had a nightmare last night that they couldn't find it again and that something was wrong with the placenta and baby, but thankfully that dream didn't come true!) Baby's heart rate was 172 beats per minute and Chach and I enjoyed listening to it for a brief time, until the nurse mentioned that if our heart was beating that fast we'd be dead. So I started laughing and it messed up the doppler haha. Anyhow, its a great relief knowing little peanut is doing well and now I can officially annouce to the general population that my ego is prego!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment