So at this point, I thought I'd be posting pictures of the finished painting project. But alas, the painters are still here, still working. I'm hoping this is their last day so I can put the house back together again, but we'll see. :) More on that at a later time I suppose!
So lets talk about the baby!! A week from today we'll (fingers crossed!) be able to tell if our sweet Charfish is a girl or boy. I'm so excited to know if we'll have a son or daughter...it seems like a big milestone. I'm starting to notice movement in my belly too, and it is the coolest feeling ever. Its usually when I am still, or when Lola is on my lap, I feel little nudges or "bubbles." I love it! Before I get into the pros and cons of girl or boy, most of all what Chach and I want is a HEALTHY baby. This will be the first time we'll have seen the baby, and mostly I just want my child to have like, you know, one head, two hands, etc. I'm more concerned that everything looks ok and we pray for a healthy baby! The Chach and I have discussed, and neither of us have a gender preference. We know we'll just love the baby the same either way no matter what Charfish is. But still, I'll go into each: team pink or team blue (hehe) (BTW I picked out names long before I was pregnant, informed the husband and he was on board!)
Think Pink: aka Charlotte Mary Grimes
For a girly girl like myself, the benefits of having a girl are a no brainer! If you've seen pictures from my wedding, you know that I love pink! It would be amazing to dress up a little princess and all those fun things that go with it. (Of course, it'd be my luck that I'd have a girl, tell her to get out her tutu and she'd be ready for softball practice or something haha). I think I picked the name Charlotte, from surprisingly that J-Lo movie "Monster in Law" haha. J-Lo's character was named Charlotte and they called her Charlie, and I thought, how cute! If our first born is a girl, she can still carry on the "Charles" tradition in the Grimes family in a feminine way. Plus I just love the name....and don't forget Sex and The City Charlotte, she was the sweetest one! The middle name Mary is for both of our moms who are named Mary. :)
True blue: aka Charles Fisher Grimes
Oh but to have a sweet boy! There is something about a first born son. To see your husband teaching your boy things like, fishing! haha Since I grew up dancing, it would be fun to do all the different stuff, like sports teams etc. And also Lola would still be the "princess" haha. My husband is the fifth Charles Grimes in his family (all different middle names) so we inevitably have to use the first name Charles, he would be the sixth one! Chach's family actually calls him by his middle name Todd, (he switched to Charley when he was younger haha). So we would call our baby boy Fisher. If he doesn't like it, there is always Charles. I got the name Fisher from Whitney actually, and we just fell in love with it. I know its different, and most people ask if its a family name, but since my dad loves fishing, my husband loves fishing, it just seemed to fit. I also think I'll have an easier time with a boy nursery, because I found lots of cute fish stuff. All the girl nursery stuff I like is too expensive, of course. :)
So a week from today this mystery will hopefully be solved, if Charfish isn't shy. I've gone back and forth on having a "feeling". Starting out, I thought boy for sure, then I kept having girl dreams. Now I'm more leaning towards boy again. But who knows, I guess it could be twins!
I'm going to attempt to post a poll, so please vote! And again...here's hoping for a healthy bambino. :)
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment